This is a joint liability credit facility designed to finance small business in groups. The facility is meant to support small growing business. Eligible businesses for this facility are those that are fully managed by small entrepreneurs to improve their livelihood. The group receives training from a Loan Officer, covering all areas of the company’s lending methodology, basic topics on loan use, and business plan. This training also would cover all steps necessary in the groups’s formation and procedures.
Example of target customers are Food Vendors, tailors, Fishers, vegetables, genge and others likely.
Small business women and men in group of 10 to 30.
The size of an individual’s business determines the amount of the first loan. Subsequent loans may be established, based on the customer’s repayment history, the amount of savings put in, attendance in meetings and general conduct. Loans repayments are on weekly basis during group meetings at the center.
Purpose of the loan
Group loans are reliable and processed quickly through mobile. Loan terms are flexible, affordable to most low-income earners and rural poor, and we offer a top up loan. Informal loan security is accepted, and repayment can be made through Mobile or Bank
Duration of the Loan
Not more than 12 months.
- Home appliances such as TV, furniture and others likely.
- Copy of Identity card (National ID, Voters’ ID, passport or driver’s license)
- Introduction letter from the local government
- Spouse consent and certificate of marriage or affidavit of marriage
- Referee form, referee must be having source of income such as employment or business.
- Proof of residence (lease agreement or residence license, utility bills)
- Proof of place of business (lease agreement or proof of ownership of place of business, utility bills)
- Proof of business experience of not less than 6 months
- Business license, TIN and business registration certificate if she/he have.
- Business Bank Statement of the past six months if he/she have.
- Budget on how the loan will be utilized.
- Business records, sales and expenditure
- The applicant and his/her guarantor must come together on the day the loan is released so that they can both sign the loan agreement.
Loan will be released within 8 working hours after submission of a thorough application with all the requirements as stated above.